Sunday, December 7, 2008

oh christmas tree


aidan and i put up the christmas tree today and lets just say it takes up about one fourth of our front room. when i went to get it with my family up in the mountains it was on the side of a hill so it didn't look so big until after we cut it down. oh well aidan and i struggled a bit to get it in the house but once we got it to fit we sure had a lot of fun putting up the trimmings. bridger loves the tree he has just been staring at it all night. i just love christmas and this year is really special because i get to share it with my son. the last two were pretty hard to get through with out our little angel to share them with. she will still be missed but that's why christmas is even more special. whitout christ's birth we would have never had his atonment and sacrafice. i feel so blessed that as long as i do my part i will get to see her again. anyhoo i just love this whole month and wish it lasted all year but then i guess it wouldn't be as exciting.

6 comments:

Racquel & Aidan Goodwin said...

you know i read and reread this before i posted it and did spell check but somehow (leave it to me) there is always gramer and spelling that is wrong. so sorry to all you smart people that notice it.

Shy said...

Cute tree!!! We are putting ours up tomorrow and I am so excited! Ours is about 16 ft tall, but kinda skinny...I'll post pics soon! We do need to get together....I need a good girlfriend. Call me!

Erica Jessop said...

oh my gosh that just reminds me of the year that I had Christmas at your house in redmond haha do you remember that!!??? And I brought Josh for some reason...that tree was huge!! I am so glad you have a babe for Christmas and Ella's spirit with you:)

Rebecca and Ryan Withers said...

Its beutiful!! I love it!! How funny you want christmas all year round and i want it to be over!! ha ha. See ya tuesday!! our games are at 9 and 945!

Natalie said...

Love the tree. I'm so jealous that you get to go cut your own tree down. Between Charlie and Mimi we may not even get to put up our little fake tree this year. :( I, too, am grateful for the real meaning of Christmas and that I can draw on Christ's strength to get me through the tough times. I can't even imagine getting through life without that knowledge. I'll be thinking about you.

Erin Brady said...

I'm glad that you guys got a real tree. None of this fake stuff.